Sunday, February 26, 2012

Half Marathon Training-Running Outside

Hey guys, I hope you had a great weekend! My family was in town and we went to a bunch of great restaurants around Hoboken, including Zylo, Charritos and Amanda’s.  I didn’t take pictures of any of the food but maybe I’ll do a review soon anyway.

Last week, I hit a bump in the road with my half marathon training.  Beside the fact that I took a whole week off from exercising, once I got back into it, the struggle continued. 

image

(Side note-I just realized that my running time I entered was totally off.  I ran 5 miles in 57 minutes, not 1:57!! I would have been barely moving to run that slowly.)

As you can see in my Daily Mile post from last week, running doesn’t come naturally for me.  It’s not something I enjoy and takes a big effort for me to want to run. I just get so bored! Many people suggested I stop running on the treadmill and try running outside, so today, I gave it a try.

I suited up head to toe so I wouldn’t feel the cold.

IMG_7110

I was determined to run my scheduled 5 miles, or at least a few of them, outside. I set out and felt pretty good for the first mile but then I started to feel really miserable.  I’ve been battling a cold and I think the run made it worse.  It became really difficult to breathe and I started coughing a lot.  I decided that it wasn’t worth the misery and that I would try again tomorrow.  If I feel better, I may attempt the 5 miles on the treadmill tomorrow, because I want to get them in. 

On that note, I’m going to bed soon I think. I’m feeling rather gross right now and it seems to be getting worse. Womp womp.

Do you have any suggestions with training through a cold? I need to keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...