Monday, August 22, 2011

Living Socially

Man, I got in a great workout today! I mustered up the enthusiasm to go to the gym right after work and tried out this plan from a blog I discovered yesterday. I stumbled upon Une Vie Saine from a post about the Healthy Living Summit and I just love her blog! Anyway, her workout kicked my butt and I realized maybe I need to step it up in the gym!

On a side note, I desperately want to go to the Healthy Living Summit next year.  Let’s figure out a way to get me there!

I came back and made myself this yummy dinner.

IMG_0355 A turkey burger on a sandwich thin with a piece of lettuce, Swiss cheese, nutritional yeast and a few slices of avocado with a side of pan roasted tiny potatoes with parsley.  It was the perfect amount of protein after my monster workout. 

So back to the food adventures from yesterday:

After the Food Truck Rally, we continued the Sunday food fest with a delicious dinner at the Melting Pot of Hoboken.  This has always been a favorite of Dan and mine and this was our first time at this Melting Pot.  The day I moved out, my mom bought a LivingSocial deal for a dinner that consisted of a cheese fondue, two salads, two glasses of wine and one platter of meat. Thanks, Mom!  

When we’ve gone to the Melting Pot in the past, I would always leave in a food coma because we indulged in every course. Not very healthy of me! So this time, only having one platter of meat and no dessert turned out to be the perfect amount of food.

Queso fundido!

IMG_0350

With apples, bread, and raw veggies.

IMG_0349

California salad for me

IMG_0351

Then came our plate of meats! Pork, chicken and 1 ravioli for me and shrimp, sirloin, filet and 1 ravioli for Dan.  Next time I go to Melting Pot I decided I want to try the strictly vegetarian platter. 

IMG_0353

The dinner was delicious as always and I didn’t feel like I had gained 10 pounds this time.  If you haven’t tried the Melting Pot, it is a must for your next big date night.  It is one of my all time favorite restaurants and I think you will enjoy it too!

Have you been to the Melting Pot? Do you love it?

See you later gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...