Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What’d You Eat Wednesday Round 2

Hey guys, I hope you had a happy hump day! After work, I had a butt kicking workout, which consisted of week 3 of Couch to 5k and some circuit training. 

On to my eats from today:

For breakfast I had the Fitnessista’s breakfast cookie that I made last night.  For my mix-ins I used 1/2 of a banana and pumpkin seeds.  For a little extra morning nourishment, I had a brown rice cake with a little bit of natural peanut butter.

IMG_0423

I had a mid-morning snack of a 100 cal pack of dark chocolate almonds.

I didn’t pack my lunch today because for all of September, I have committed to brown bagging my lunch every day (more on that later).  So instead, I had a delicious and healthy chicken club wrap from Energy Kitchen.  It was made with grilled chicken, guacamole, and turkey bacon.  I had Pirate’s Booty as a snack.

photo (6)photo (7)

I knew I was going to workout right after work, so I nomed on a Fiber Plus bar before I left work to quell my stomach rumbling. 

photo (8)

After my workout, I refueled with the protein shake I posted about last week.  I finally have all of the ingredients and it no longer smells like poo haha!

Finally, I had a late dinner and I wasn’t really that hungry so I made my go-to meal.  Frozen green beans and brown rice.  I ate this literally every night I cooked my senior year of college.  It is the easiest thing to make if you don’t feel cooking.  I seasoned with lemon juice, garlic, onion powder and salt and pepper for a little flavor. 

IMG_0426

I’d say today’s eats were overall a healthy success.  I fueled appropriately for my workouts and never felt overly hungry or full during the day.  It’s a win-win Smile

I can’t believe it’s already the last day of August (happy birthday, Mere!), it for sure flew by!

Stay tuned tomorrow for info on the Brown Bag challenge and my goals for September.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...