Monday, January 9, 2012

Inspiration Board and Resolutions

Hi guys, I hope you had a great weekend! It was a low key but great weekend here in the Jerz. It was beautiful out so we walked all around our town and went to some great restaurants, including the Beer Garden.

Beers the size of my head (split with Dan)

beer garden

and cute flights of beer (also split with Dan) were the highlights of the weekend.

beer flight

This weekend I also took time to finish my inspiration board.  I got the idea from The Fitnessista to create a board of resolutions and things I’d like to accomplish this year. Since this is the first full year of my big girl life, there are a lot of things I want to accomplish.  Now that I am adjusted to our new town, I want to take advantage of opportunities I have and to be firmly rooted in my new life. So here’s the board:

inspiration board

Left side:

left inspiration board

Right side:

right side inspiration board

I broke down my resolutions into two categories, health & fitness and personal. 

Health and Fitness Resolutions and Goals

  • Record all workouts-I have been trying to do this for the past few weeks and I really like it.  I try to write down ahead of time what I am going to do at the gym so I’m not wandering aimlessly around the weight section.  It’s also a great reference for future workouts.  I keep them all in a notebook, along with recipe ideas.
  • Workout 6 days a week-This may seem like a lot but with the plan I am following for the half marathon, I am supposed to workout that much.  And since I’m not exhausting myself each workout, I really only need one day of rest.
  • Yoga once a week- Seeing as we have yoga at work every Wednesday, I don’t think this will be very hard to accomplish but I still want to make sure I’m getting my ohm on at least once a week.
  • Choose healthy meals out- I think my biggest healthy eating downfall is eating at restaurants. I always get into the mind set that, because I eat out so seldom, that I can indulge when I do.  I am going to make an effort to order the healthiest thing on the menu and substitute fries for a salad.
  • Yoga/fitness instructor-Since I was about 15 years old (when I worked at a gym) I have wanted to become a group exercise or yoga instructor.  I think it would be so much fun to teach a class or two on the weekends, and what better time to get certified than when I have no other responsibilities?
  • Meatless Mondays- I wrote about this before but I want to continue to go meatless on Mondays.
  • Food journal- I’d like to start writing down all of my meals again.  I did this my freshman year of college and lost 10 pounds.  The food journal holds me accountable for everything I am putting in my mouth, which makes me more conscious about my choices. It’s a good idea for anyone who wants to know how much they are really consuming.
  • Run 13.1- This particular goal got its own card because this is the most important thing to me this year.  I am definitely crazy for committing to this race but it’s what I really want to do. Each long run I complete each Sunday will be the farthest I’ve ever run. Yesterday’s run of 3.5 miles was the most I’ve ever run and it was a huge accomplishment for me. I can’t wait to conquer those little mile-stones each week!

Personal Resolutions and Goals

  • Deep clean the apartment once a week- I pretty much already do this but I want to hold myself accountable for this each week.  I love it when everything is shiny and clean!
  • Organize and keep apartment tidy- It is so easy to leave my coat on the back of the chair every day when I come home from work, but it’s just as easy to put it into the closet.  This needs to be a priority because it’s so easy to do!
  • Save more money- ‘Nuff said.
  • Reduce weekly grocery bill- I spend a lot of money on groceries each week because I buy tons of produce and a lot of organic items.  I need to start couponing and saving more money each week. I’d like to cut our bill by $10-$20 each week.
  • Freelance- I would love to write for online or print publications about health and fitness.  Hopefully I will be picked as the Cox Rhode Scholar and I will be writing once a week for them!
  • Take more pictures for blog- I’d love to put more photos on this little bloggy, so I’ve got to start taking more. Easy enough.
  • Photography- I want to learn how to take better pictures with the point and shoot camera I have.
  • Join a group- This is one of the things I’d like to do to meet more people in my town.  There are two running clubs that meet a few times each week that I’d love to get involved with once I become a little bit of a stronger runner.
  • Volunteer- I have been so fortunate in my life that I want to give back to others.  I’d love to get involved with Girls on the Run or the ASPCA.
  • Read one book a month- I really like leisure reading and I want to do it more often. This month’s selection is the Hunger Games.

My overall goal is to “Be the Best You.” This isn’t some kind of “try your best” crap but rather being the best version of yourself.  This doesn’t mean that I need to win the half marathon, but I sure want to put my heart and soul into it and kick some butt along the way. I want to be the best runner I can be, the best PR pro I can be, the best friend, girl friend, daughter, sister, whatever I can be. I am going to apply this to every aspect of my life.

Phew, that was a long one! If you’re still with me,thanks! If anyone else has made an inspiration board or has any goals they’d like to share, let me know and I’ll write a post with other’s goals and resolutions!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...