Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 2 Wrap of Best Body Bootcamp

Hello friends! I hope you had a great week and a happy Saint Paddy’s Day! I spent the weekend up in Boston with some of my favorite people.

photo (17)

This weekend was week 2 of phase 1 of Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp and week 5 of my half marathon program. I’m so happy it worked out that both of these plans matched up and I had to do cardio in Tina’s plan on the same days as I had to run in Hal’s plan. Hooray for good timing!

I really love doing Tina’s plan because I am doing strength training moves that really challenge me like never before. Another part of the plan is to pick two personal goals to complete each day.  I kept the same two goals (taking a multivitamin and eating one serving of protein a day) and succeeded each day in completing them! They have become a normal routine for me so I am going to try two new goals for phase 2 (which starts today). Those two goals are going to be to only eat meat at one meal a day and to unplug from the computer and TV for a half hour each day. I really struggle with this because I spend all day on the computer at work then I come home and use my iPad or watch TV for most of the night. I think these are two achievable goals but ones that I will have to put my mind to.

In half marathon training news, I hit a huge milestone for me.  I ran 8 miles without stopping or walking once yesterday! I never in a million years thought I could run that far, and with this new distance comes a new confidence. For the first time since I started training for the race back in January, I know I can do this. Each week I doubted I’d be able to add another week to my mileage or ever finish 13.1 miles. But now I can say that I know I have it in me and I know I will finish. In fact, I’m looking forward to adding more mileage each week. I can’t wait to get to 9 miles this weekend because I know I can do it!

photo (16)

This photo makes me so proud!

Is anyone else signed up for the Cox Providence Half Marathon or doing Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp? What are your keys to success during your training?

4 comments:

  1. I am training for a 1/2 marathon and doing bootcamp as well! My 1/2 is the Go! St. Louis though in 4 weeks :)

    Great job on your run! That is something to be proud of ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your race! I'm so glad the plans matched up and allow for times for running.

      Delete
  2. Great job on your training. I remember how excited I was last year when I completed my first 8 mile training run. That feeling was the key to my successful training and still is. I've now completed 3 half marathons and Cox will be #4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the feeling from that run is going to be what carries me through the rest of this training and the race. I've been bitten by the half bug and I can't wait for my next one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...