Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIAW Holy Hills!

So it’s Wednesday, which means it’s time for none other than What I Ate Wednesday. (You can see my first WIAW post here.)

Peas and Crayons

Since I’ve changed my work schedule (we were given the option of flex time so I now work from 8-5), I now eat breakfast at work which gives me more time to prepare and eat something delicious. Bring on the oats!

photo (6)

These were quick cooking oats prepared with 1/2 cup almond milk and 1/2 cup water and 1 teaspoon of chia seeds. After it was done cooking I added 1/2 teaspoon of agave, 1 spoonful of sunflower seed butter, 1 tablespoon of granola and 1/2 of a gala apple. I love oats for breakfast because they fill me up better than any other food and keeps me full until lunchtime.

photo (7)

For lunch I had the overwhelming craving for a chicken salad sandwich and boy did this one deliver! Chicken salad on a whole wheat hero with lettuce, tomato and spicy mustard. I may have to get this today because just thinking about it is making me hungry.

photo (8)

I ordered a shipment of supplies from IHerb and one of them was wheatberries.  I had never tried them before but Dan eats them at some place by work so I figured I’d add them to the cart. Boy am I glad I did! They taste kind of like brown rice but had a great new texture. I put some roasted veggies, which consisted of brussel sprouts, zucchini, and red peppers on top of the wheatberries. I also baked some chicken breasts then pan roasted them with lemon pepper seasoning.

I rounded out the night with some Cheez Its and a glass of white wine.

Holy Hills

So I told you about the Bootcamp I am doing and so far, it has been great! Yesterday’s exercise called for 50 minutes of cardio, which fit in perfectly with my half marathon training program. I was scheduled for 3.5 miles and I knew I wanted to incorporate hills into my running. I searched around and found this great workout.  I did it by the book and added in a 5 minute warm up walk and a 10 minute cool down walk to make sure I reached my 50 minutes of cardio.

image

Give this workout a try if you’re looking for a manageable challenge on your shorter run days!

I’m off, have a great day folks!

6 comments:

  1. This workout looks great! What was the distance you covered in it? I too did my run for my 1/2 training for my cardio ... Ran 4.5 miles and then walked 8 minutes to reach 50 minutes :) WOO bootcamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great workout! Without counting the walking I did in the beginning and end I believe I ended up covering 3.9 miles. It's definitely doable to add more intervals to cover more ground. I think I'll keep using this as my training progresses and just make it longer each time! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. That does look like a great cardio workout! And oh my on that chicken salad sandwich. LOVE chicken salad! `

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The workout was the perfect amount of challenging and I don't feel super sore today, so I'm ready for workout B! And I may just have to order that sandwich again today...

      Delete
  3. oh my god. i absolutely love chicken salad and haven't had it in SO long. this photo literally made my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to do bootcamp, but it's so expensive!! Great fun though!
    Love the look of your chicken salad sandwich :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...