Friday, October 28, 2011

I Can Tri

I hope everyone is having a lovely day and a happy Friday! Today at work is the costume before the costume (like the shirt before the shirt a la J-Shore) for Halloween and we’re all dressing up as things from around the office! I’ll post a picture of my costume tomorrow.

Running

For the past 5ish weeks I have been training for a 5k using the Shape 5k Plan.  I’ve never been a natural runner, it’s always been hard for me but I’ve always wanted to be a good runner.  Where I live and work, there are always tons of people running outside and it inspired me to get my butt in gear and get moving! I started with the Couch to 5k plan but saw the Shape plan in their October issue and I liked it because it was more comprehensive and challenging than the C25k. 

I feel stronger and more in shape now and I felt ready for what I have coming for me this weekend.  Dan and I signed up for the Hobooken 5k for this Saturday and I was so excited for the challenge.  I trained really hard to get to this point and I knew I would be able to run the whole thing. 

Unfortunately, this Saturday is supposed to look like this:

image

 

Pure misery.  It is not supposed to snow in OCTOBER!! I don’t usually run outside and I’ve never run in the rain, let alone the SNOW! I feel like all my training has been in vain because if I can’t breathe due to the coldness, then I won’t be able to be my strongest and finish strong.  I keep worrying about this but there’s something that quiets my mind. 

 

I Can Tri

I’ve completed a triathlon.  I was strong enough to swim .25 mi, bike 11.2 mi and run 3.2 mi all at once. 

I signed up for the tri on a whim but I completed it and it was the first road race I ever competed in. 

So every time I get a little worked up about the impending October blizzard on race day, I just think about this feeling:

(I have the best friends.  They woke up at 6am to be there for me Smile)

Crossing the finish line was the best feeling ever, and while I know I won’t be as proud to finish just a running race, I know it will feel good.

So question for the day:

Have you ever competed in a road race?

How did you feel crossing the finish line?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...