Friday, November 11, 2011

Healthy Intentions for 11-11-11

Hi guys! I hope everyone had a great week and is looking forward to a fun-filled weekend.

Healthy Intentions
One thing I like to do each day is set a healthy intention when I wake up in the morning. This can be as small as putting a smile on my face or as large as completing a 5 mile run. Whatever that intention is, I try to stick to it as best I can. Even the small steps can lead to a healthier life. Here are some healthy intentions that you could set each morning:
  • Eat a fruit or vegetable with each meal.
  • Log 5,000 sets with a pedometer.
  • Sit up straighter at your desk.
  • Pack a healthy lunch.
  • Go meat-free for a day (not as hard as it seems).
  • Go to bed 1/2 hour earlier.
  • Track how many calories you eat in a day.
  • Do a sun salutation right when you wake up and right before you go to bed.
  • Avoid sugar.
As you can see, none of these are monumental changes to your day. Each of these things can be done without much preparation and will be a step in the right direction to a healthier life.

This weekend I am going to my cousin's baby shower. I am so excited to be surrounded by my family but with this can come some unhealthy behaviors. It is very easy to skip your daily workout, lose track of how much you are eating or drink too much when you are having fun, so it is my healthy intention this weekend to be conscious of exactly what I am putting into my body. I don't need all of my health and fitness progress to go out the window just because I am having a good time. I'll let you know how it goes!

I also wanted to thank all of the veterans for all they have done to protect our country. Enjoy today!

What healthy intentions will you set this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...